Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 1: 30 Goals in 30 Days Challenge

Day 1: Diary Entry

This diary entry stems from accepting the 30 Goals in 30 days challenge.  I am looking forward to starting this but as with any 30 day system I start off with great gusto and lag to the finish line.   I am making it a mandatory task to complete this task.  However, completing these tasks within 30 consecutive days is not mandatory.

Taking on this challenge is attributed to my continuous effort to carry out my teaching Mantra:  "The Day I Stop Learning, Is the Day I stop Teaching"  I don't know who said that or if I actually could patent it as my own.  I consistently refer to this while working with teachers and students.

How can I be a hypocrite and sit at my desk preparing for learners and not develop my own learning environment.  Sure, it was easy when I was working on my Masters Degree.  I had the opportunity to always make my learning relevant.  I also had the large tuition bill to push me to achieve these tasks in a more timely manner.  The one thing I really did learn from this experience of learning while teaching was that it made it so much more enjoyable to develop lessons.  I am a glutton for punishment and I do love to develop lessons.  Why?  Because these lessons are authentic and tailored to the students' needs, not just the standards goal for that particular date and time.  Nerdy as it may be... I love learning and teaching.

So, Day 1 was to write a journal or diary entry.  There, I published it....

Why am I doing this 30 days?  I want to carry out my teaching Mantra and encourage others to do the same. 



Enlarge this document in a new window
Self Publishing with YUDU

No comments:

Post a Comment